Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Food Diary: Tuesday 11/13/12

Happy Tuesday Friends!

I now have 13 followers! :) Thank you for following me.

I woke up worse than ever this morning. I had trouble sleeping all night because my nose was stuffed up and it was running. I know, you are jealous. AND my throat was burning. Nothing I did made it better for very long. It was a miserable night.

I could barely swallow the ibuprofen when I woke up. I also drank some chamomile tea with honey and that seemed to help a little. Plus I found some sore throat drops that numb your throat in my cabinet. Oh my gosh...what relief! Not for long but definitely helped!

I should have just went to the doctor yesterday when I had the time. I called to see about getting in to see my doctor but they didn't have anything until 2:40pm. Luckily, I am able to see the doctor who is on campus at my hubby's work, so they were able to see me as soon as I was able to drive to Clayton. (about 30-45 minutes from my house). Plus a bonus, besides the gas it took to drive there in the gas guzzler truck, it only cost $9 for the medicine for both of us. Woo Hoo!

The doctor was able to see us together so that made it even more awesome and convenient. Jerry has a bad cold. He gave him some nasal spray and a prescription for sudafed. Yeah, we have to get a prescription for that stuff in our county. I have fluid in my ears and developing an infection. He said either an ear infection or strep. Ick! So glad I went to the doctor. He gave me prescription for sudafed, an antibiotic, and a nasal spray.

I hope to feel better in a few days so I can get myself back into routine. I miss walking and running. :)

OH AND they weighed me, I had jeans on, I weighed 195.8 which is less than I weighed on Saturday. So that's pretty cool considering I haven't worked out this week and I had jeans on. :)

Caleb and I went to Lion's Choice for lunch with Jerry.
 
Then we headed to Aldi to get some canned goods for the Boy Scout food drive. Then to Wal-mart to get stuff to make a birthday cake and a present for Brooke's birthday on Friday. Oh and the sweetest couple stopped us in the frozen foods section to ask if Caleb could have a stuffed animal they got out of the machine's in front of the store. Of course, Caleb was not friendly towards them because he hadn't had a nap yet. Embarrassed, I told them thank you and that it was very kind of them.
 
I stopped by Walgreen's to drop off our prescriptions for Sudafed and headed home.
 
My day was not planned out very well but that happens when you rush out of the house to make a spur of the moment doctor's appointment that is 30-45 minutes away. :)
 
I grabbed a frozen lasagna, garlic bread, and salad for a quick dinner since we are not feeling good.
 
Breakfast:
1/2 Cup Whole Grain Quick Oats
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Brummel & Brown (this made it more creamy)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Pkt Truvia
1 Cup Skim Milk
Vitamins

 
Lunch:
1 Roast Beef with Swiss Cheese
1 Small Fry (ate half)
Diet Dr. Pepper
 
While we were finishing our lunch, one of the employee's handed Caleb a free cone coin. So he wanted to go get an ice cream cone right away. I think this is his very first cone. He has shared with us before but never had his own. too cute. :) He decided to use a spoon at the end.
Dinner:
1 Cup Spinach & Romaine Lettuce
1 Tbsp Fit & Healthy Light Italian
1 Cup Stouffer's 5 Cheese Lasagna
1 Tbsp Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
1 Slice Pepperidge Farm 5 Cheese Texas Toast
 

 
 
On a completely different subject...
 
We watched Dexter and The Walking Dead last night. Both of those shows are stressful! Anyone else watch those shows?
 
Tonight we are watching Homeland.
 
We also watch Revolution, The Big Bang Theory, Raising Hope, & The Middle.
 
I watch 90210, Gossip Girl, 16 & Pregnant, Teen Mom 2, Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, The Biggest Loser..
 
I feel like I am forgetting more.
 
What do you like to watch?
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Hey Whitney!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog http://marcelips.blogspot.com! I have now joined yours :) Let me know if you want to swap buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree those shows give me heart palpitations when I watch them!! Arrggh!

    But I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homeland is filmed right near me! My friends dad does security for the show and got to go to the premier! I hope you feel better girl!!! Your dinner looks totally yum by the way and now I need square white plates! love LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to take a peak into my life. Let me know what you think, I like to get comments! :)