Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

WW 3 Bean Chili

Hello Friends!

I made this recipe on a week ago (Monday).

I added deer roast, cubed. I cooked it in EVOO until brown. I seasoned it with S&P and Less Sodium Worchestershire Sauce.

I added an additional 8oz can of tomato sauce because the chili was a little thick.  After several hours of cooking on high it was still thick so I added 3/4 of a bottle of Michelob Light. I forgot to buy tomatoes with chiles. I don't usually like cilantro so I did not add it. Maybe if I add the chiles and the cilantro next time it will be good? I used a lower-sodium chili seasoning packet but it tasted a little bland. I added some chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, & s&p. In the end I may have over done it on the extra spices...you learn as you go. I will definitely use deer burger next time...I just like the texture better in my chili. I used a can of corn (drained) instead of frozen. I used 5 cloves of garlic, I like garlic.

I squeezed lime juice into the chili and sprinkled some WW Mexican blend cheese on top. I also used baked tostitos scoops as per someone's review of the recipe suggested. It was pretty good! I would make it again. But I will always go to my Mother-In-Laws recipe first. :)

I know other people suggested using different kinds of meat or veggies. So this recipe is pretty versatile.

Ingredients:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to take a peak into my life. Let me know what you think, I like to get comments! :)